Law Graduate | Employment Law
Posted 10 days ago
LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology allow our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has assisted more than 150,000 businesses. We were named an Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2019 and 2020, and Law Firm of the Year at the 2021 Australasian Law Awards. In early 2021 we opened our virtual doors in New Zealand, and in 2022 we will be launching in the UK!
The LegalVision Graduate Program presents a unique opportunity to launch your legal career at Australasia’s fastest growing law firm. LegalVision was founded to improve access for every business to quality legal services, disrupt the traditional law firm model, and promote a culture of technological innovation in Australia and beyond. As a Graduate at LegalVision, you will play a critical role in bringing this mission to life.
You will receive comprehensive formal and on the job training focused on technical legal knowledge, matter management, and client service to give you a strong understanding of the legal needs of New Zealand businesses, in order to provide pragmatic advice.
Our July 2022 graduate intake will include a full time, permanent role in the Employment Law practice area.
Successful candidates must be available to commence full time work no later than Tuesday 19 July 2022.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Under the supervision of our Practice Leaders and Senior Lawyers, you’ll be communicating with clients and taking carriage of matters from your first month! A typical day for our graduate lawyers may include (among other things):
- Conducting legal research.
- Provide oral and written advice to clients on a broad range of legal matters (including as part of our industry leading Legal Advice Consultation service).
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts, contractor agreements and workplace policies.
- And more…
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified with strong academics: You are a recent law graduate and are either already admitted as a Lawyer, or will be admitted by the end of August 2022.
- Wants to do things differently and isn’t the average law graduate: You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are keen to grow as a lawyer in an innovative NewLaw environment.
- Passionate about the client experience: You are focused on your clients and you’re dedicated to creating experiences that exceed client expectations.
- Personable, empathetic and resilient: You are friendly, warm and professional. You celebrate the ups and push through and learn from the downs.
- Cool and calm under pressure: You are an organised and efficient worker, and can effectively manage competing priorities.
- Fast-paced environment with exciting growth opportunities.
- Talented, fun and supportive managers and team members.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities.
- Paid volunteering, birthday and parental leave.
- Extra 5 days of annual leave!
- Fully remote role - work from anywhere in NZ!
If joining LegalVision as a Graduate sounds like the perfect start to your legal career, we’d love to hear from you. Applications close at 11:59pm AEDT on Sunday, 29 May 2022.